12th edition of BIFFES, the Bengaluru International Film Festival will be held fromFebruary 26 – March 04, 2020. The festival will be organized on behalf of Government of Karnataka by Karnataka ChalanachitraAcademy and Department of Information and Public Relations with the support of the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce.
The opening event will be held in the presence of National and International delegates, Film makers and Film Celebrities in Bengaluru on February 26, 2020.The closing event for conferring of awards will be held on March 4, 2020. Like in the previous editions Competitive sections for Asian, Indian and Kannada Cinema will continue with handsome Cash prizes.
he screenings will be held at 11 screens – PVR Cinemas – ORION MALL, Rajajinagar,Bengaluru. The Twelth edition will have different sections as mentioned below. Selection of films will be made by expert committees.
1. Contemporary World Cinema
3. Country Focus
4. Grand Classics
5. Homages& Remembrances
6. FIPRESCI (International Federation of Film Critics) award winners
7. Network for promotion of Asian Cinema (NETPAC) award winners
8. Unsung Incredible India – Cinemas of the little known Indian languages
9. Bio Pics
• Nearly 200 films from50Countries will be screened under these categories.
• The festival will also host various forums for academic interactions on Filmmaking & Film Appreciation like seminars, Workshops, Master classes etc., for the benefit of film professionals, discerning audiences and students on different aspects of cinema.
• Admission to the Festival theatres is strictly by Registration. This is mandated by the norms specified by International Federation of Film Festivals and also Govt., of India.
• Separate communication will follow for the commencement of delegate registration.
Online registration facility would also be made available.
• Delegate fee: Rs. 800/- for General public, and Rs 400/- for Students, Film Society members, and film fraternity.
Best Indian Film in Competition, Best Kannada Film in Competitionand best amongst the popular entertainment cinema in Kannada and Best Asian Film (amongst selection) are the awards’ category.
12th Edition of BIFFES is going to be more inclusive with greater participation from the Kannada and Indian Film Industry.